Contact us today at
(309) 438-2222 to reserve the Braden Auditorium.
Braden Auditorium is well-known across central Illinois for its large 3, 483 seating space with outstanding views and innovative stage design. Braden hosts Broadway shows, touing companies, concerts, ballets, conferences and much more!
Contact us today at (309) 438-2222 to learn more about Braden Auditorium and current availability.
- 3,457 including accessible seating.
- Seating available on the Orchestra, Mezzanine, and Balcony levels.
- Total width, wall-to-wall, including"Stage" and both left and right "Wings" = 148 feet.
- Width of "Stage" = 72 feet; width of each "Wing" = 38 feet.
- "Wings" may be cleared, and usable as storage areas.
- Depth from plaster line to back wall = 48 feet.
- Depth from Act Curtain line to Apron lip = 3 feet.
- Width of proscenium opening = 60 feet.
- Height of proscenium opening = 28 feet.
- Width of Apron (Orchestra Pit) = 54 feet.
- Depth of Apron at center = 15 feet. Depth at outside edges = 8 feet.
|Stage Floor Construction:||
- Stage" portion of floor is black linoleum over 1.5 inch plywood.
- "Wing" portions are gray linoleum over concrete.
- There are no traps or elevators, except the Apron (Orchestra Pit) which is a hydraulic lift.
- Stage and Wing floors are flush, with no significant cracks, sagging areas, or uneven heights.
- Bolts, nails, staples, stage screws, etc. may not be used without advanced permission from technical director.
- Lift is controllable from Stage Manager's console, stage right, or with portable control box plugged into floor of Apron. Connection for box is at center of Apron.
- Maximum depth of lift = 12 feet; lift is usable at any depth from 0 to 12 feet.
- Apron will accommodate up to fifty musicians.
- Access to lift via three methods:
For more information about technical details, contact the Bone Student Center at (309) 438-2222.